01 November 2011

Happy Halloween (yesterday)

We had a great Halloween this year! Since my boys never wavered from the "scary flying monkey" route (except for a week when Peter was convinced he was going to be a pumpkin), we ran with it. This is also the first time I remember actually dressing up and going all out (face paint, really? I'm shocked at myself...)

The flying monkey costumes were an absolute hit. We did 3 "trick or treating" events and everyone raved about them. I used the monkey costumes from last year and made the vest and wings. They looked hilariously cute!

And everyone commented on the cutest little Dorothy on the planet (I'd have to agree).
I mean really, the pigtails? The red shoes? And she was so excited about the candy and held her bucket with a death grip, even when it was really heavy! (Yes, I made the dress).

We all dressed up on Halloween for a fun party with our friends so when we went out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood we got hundreds of comments on our costumes. Everyone LOVED the flying monkeys and thought Dorothy was darling. We even had 3 people ask to take pictures of our family because they loved it so much.

And although we are characters from the Wizard of Oz, I actually like to think I'm Elphaba and Adrian is Fiyero (a Wicked reference).

Now I'm looking forward to this November, which looks a lot less busy than my October! Hope you had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, this was the post I've been waiting for. I saw a teaser picture that someone posted of Claire and Adrian on Facebook. Your costumes turned out great! Way to go all out with the face paint and everything. Amazing sewing skills and definitely the cutest Dorothy ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't get over how great the whole crew looked.

    ReplyDelete