Last month, Adrian got tickets to Churchill Downs from someone he did some work for. Although we know nothing about horse races or the Kentucky Derby for that matter, we decided to take the kids and cross off one of my three tourist attractions goals.
We played at the junior jockey club for a while (and met Churchill Charlie), walked around the paddock, watched a few races, then called it good.
Honestly, it's cool and boring. Glad to say I've done it, don't desire to really do it again (unless we're kidless and in a non-smoking booth and have dinner provided. Now that would be awesome...).


Never been and don't plan to until loans are paid off and we can do the Derby in style. (Although I'm sure we'll have someone visit us that just HAS to go and then we'll have to take them, yada yada yada) But yah...I've heard it's pretty boring (except for in my husband's case. He has this weird desire to know things and loved reading all the history and crap. Er...crud.) :)
ReplyDelete