Admittedly, it was tough to think of 30 things. I was trying to have them go with the 30-theme (or 3's) but that made it harder. :) Some of these are "gimmies" and some can be counted for more than one (like #18 will also count for #27), but most are really out of my comfort zone and will stretch me a little bit more. I like the thought.
I also have two more general goals for the year which are to be more spontaneous and to be more spiritual.
1. Go on 30 dates (with Adrian, of course!)
2. Get rid of 30 articles of my clothing
3. Get rid of 30 articles of kids clothing
4. Get rid of 30 grocery bags of “stuff”
5. Sell 30 things on Etsy
6. Buy a new sewing machine
7. Eat at 5 new restaurants
8. Write 30 thank you cards
9. Perform 30 random acts of kindness
10. Sing publicly 3 times (solo or in a group)
11. Read 30 books (not children’s!)
12. Complete 30 house projects (with Adrian’s help)—décor
included
13. Run a 5k (about 3 miles)
14. Take 3 fun trips somewhere
15. Take 30 self-portraits (or pictures with me in them)
16. Give out 30 pass-along cards
17. Send 30 letters or packages just for fun
18. Make 3 articles of clothing for myself
19. Re-listen to 30 General Conference talks
20. Go to the temple 30 times
21. Decline sugar for 30 days
22. Lose 15 lbs.
23. Go on a kid-less vacation (with Adrian)
24. Visit at least 3 tourist attractions in Louisville
25. Read the Book of Mormon in 3 months
26. Make 30 “just because” phone calls
27. Sew 30 things
28. See a play at a community theater
29. Go camping as a family 3 times
30. Try 30 new recipes
Wish me luck!

Wow, that is almost too many lofty goals - but then, you are amazing, so I won't underestimate your ability to accomplish them! Now you got me thinking, since my birthday is coming up in December and coincides with setting my New Year's goals. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Deletethere's a lot of 30s... ! that's a lot to accomplish, but, I'll definitely be willing to babysit 30 times for you to accomplish the first goal! lol :)
ReplyDeleteWow! good goals. Good luck with all of them. And yes, I still have a big bite of cornbread dough before I cook it. Love that gritty taste :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! & I love you Jodie!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Jodie! I hope you have a great year! I enjoy reading your blog...
ReplyDeleteYikes! I got winded just reading that list. GOOD LUCK!!! Maybe we can join you for a few of those (ie. camping.) :)
ReplyDeleteI feel inspired Coz. I'm gonna do most of these too - except for going on dates and vacations with Adrian!
ReplyDeleteWow, you are ambitious! I have no doubt you will finish every one! What a great idea. Happy, happy birthday.
ReplyDelete