18 October 2011

28 years young and quite successful


As a senior in high school I was the girl voted "Most Likely to Succeed". To be honest, I wasn't happy about it. Couldn't I have been voted "nicest smile" or "best hair"? (if you knew me in high school, you know that's a joke). But I wasn't really planning on going on and "being successful", at least not by how most people would judge success.

Now, today is my 28th birthday. This weekend is my 10-year high school reunion. I am missing it (and am truthfully not that disappointed about it). However, I was thinking about the things I've done thus far in my life and whether I have "succeeded". Since high school I have:
  • Gone to college at BYU and graduated with a BS in Family and Consumer Sciences Education.
  • Fallen in love with and married an amazing man who is a wonderful provider, father, and treats me like I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him.
  • Moved a handful of times supporting my husband in his school/work endeavors.
  • Bought a house and have made it a home.
  • Been pregnant 5 times and naturally birthed 4 children, 2 of which were born at home.
  • Chosen to be a stay-at-home mom to raise our children.
Looking over this list, and knowing that it only represents a portion of the things I've accomplished since high school, I'd say that my fellow classmates were right. I have succeeded.

7 comments:

  1. I love this post. I really really do. Happy Birthday, my dear Friend. You motivate me to be a better person, mother, crafter, seamstress, and wife. I hope you have the greatest day!

    PS. Make Adrian stay home from YMs. I'm sure they'll survive without him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look beautiful Coz! Add that to your list of accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!! You HAVE accomplished much! And as far as missing the reunion goes... I went to my 10 yr reunion (10 years ago...YIKES!) and the only thing that I liked about it was seeing all the skinny minny girls from high school that have now had children and aren't as skinny minny anymore. That was MOST gratifying for me. Other than that... most everyone was drunk. Totally dissappointing. You're not missing much. Now... if they were to have a seminary reunion... that would be a BLAST!! Anywho... here's to even more "successful" years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your post makes me smile. It's true, you really are successful. And this is a beautiful picture of you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how she does it, but she gets better looking every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodie - I am clapping. Yes - so successful in many trillion ways. I love the blessings you counted.....and love that you found the perfect husband.

    ReplyDelete