When the sickies were at our house a few days ago, I was needing activities to do to keep me from going crazy. Hence the fort. We also did this activity during Claire's nap.
(I had done something similar a couple of years ago). We moved all the furniture out of the dining room and I let the boys play with beans and cups/bowls/spoons/etc. The rule was that the beans had to stay on the brown floor (which mostly worked).


They loved the pouring, scooping, spilling, and throwing and I loved that they had a great time for like 40 minutes which gave me plenty of time to wash the gross laundry and do the dishes. It was a win-win in my book.
You are so creative with activities for your kids!! And thank goodness for that, because I'm sure I will need ideas, and I'm super glad I can read your blog! :)
ReplyDelete