20 June 2008

Activity #1: Beans and bowls

I've been trying to come up with activities that either Clark and I can do together or that he can do alone and will keep him occupied for about a half-hour or so so I can get other things done. I found a fun website with some great and cheap activity ideas and now have about 14 or so on my list of things we can do. Here was today's activity.



Clark was entertained forever (almost an hour!) while I worked on my talk for Sunday. The only rule was that the beans had to stay on the blanket (easy clean-up). The muffin tins and plastic scoops were a huge hit. We'll be doing this again another time.

4 comments:

  1. Cute little birdie legs...I like the last one where he's sitting IN the beans, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks really fun, especially beans between the toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Filing that one away in my great big bag of mom tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I love bean sorting/scooping etc. We used to do this in elementary schools I worked in. It works well with buttons, sand, small blocks, rice...

    ReplyDelete