Want
to know the reason for lack of posts and pictures? Well, it's because
Adam is no Claire (if you get my drift). He's slightly more demanding, more fussy, more
restless, less sleepy, and less comfortable, but he's cute enough that I
think we'll still keep him.
He's now 8 days old. To
me he looks like Peter with Claire's coloring. He has light hair, maybe
strawberry, but makes faces that are so Peter. Plus, he sleeps like
Peter did (well, didn't) so I am constantly calling him Peter.
He
is fairly demanding and prefers to be held (though that's not too
uncommon!). He also is a very slow eater. He'll eat a little, stop to
burp, eat some more, stop to poop, eat some more, stop to rest, eat some
more, stop to look around. You get the idea. But if I think he's done
eating just because he's stopped, he'll start screaming and rooting
until I've latched him back on again.
We've had
quite the week. Grandma H was here helping, and what a saint she was.
She took the bigger kids out each day so Adam and I could sleep, since
we don't seem to do much of it at night time. She worked overtime and
even painted my bathroom! What a blessing it was to have her here!
One
of these days we'll figure out a routine. I remember the exhaustion
wears off eventually and I'll be fully functioning again. One of these
days I'll be a good mom again. But until then I will rely on friends
(and PBS) to help entertain my children. Thanks to everyone who has
helped thus far!

How wonderful that you have such a great mother-in-law! I hope he's settling into a better routine for you. I would love to cuddle that little angel! If only we lived near each other, I would love to be one of those friends you relied on. :)
ReplyDelete