30 May 2011

More Clark's birthday...the party

Clark had been talking about a Lego birthday party for months. Fortunately for me, a blog I frequent (delia creates) posted a Lego party that she had done for her son not too long ago so I coped almost every single idea (invitations, games, Legoman plates, Lego juice boxes, party favor boxes, etc.). It was fabulous. :)


Here is the spread (sans food stuff).
**fun fact** The yellow and red striped fabrics I got at IKEA a month ago for dirt cheap (but I had to buy a 25 m bolt of each!) so I put it to good use at this party. Table decorations, crowns, bunting, etc. You'll probably see it a lot on this blog (you get ten points if you remembered it from this post).

Legoman plates and Lego juice box (thanks, Delia!)
The Lego wall that Adrian "built"

Here is the fancy Lego cake. It was only my second attempt at fondant (last year's birthday party was the first) so I was very pleased with the result. I will give Adrian the credit of cutting out each of those Lego nubs, though I did have to stick them all on. one. by. one. The things we do for our children...


The inside was pretty cool as well.
Singing "Happy Birthday"

I wanted to include this picture because it's the best I have of the Lego man shirt I made for him (and of course I made the crown as well).

I'll say the party was an overall success. He loved every minute of it (except for maybe one of the games...) and now Peter can't stop talking about his birthday coming up!

3 comments:

  1. all of the stuff for clark's legos and claire's birthdays is awesome/adorable (it seemed inappropriate to call the lego stuff adorable, haha). incredible job and happy birthday to your cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, now I want a lego party- how cool is that! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Age are Rockin' Awesome parents! LOVE how the cake turned out, and the Lego wall, AND the Lego shirt, and the whole spread... you guys are amazing! Clark is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete