I hate potty training. It is near the top of my list of "Things I wish I never had to do". Clark was finally potty trained at 3 1/2 and only since Dec 1st of 2010 did we completely take him out of diapers at night. I promised myself that I wouldn't even think about potty training Peter until he was at least that old. Maybe even 4.
But Peter has other plans. About 2 weeks ago he asked to pee in the toilet before bath-time (Clark always goes then so Peter sees it). And when he did it, we all cheered and gave him a treat. I think that totally clicked with him because you wouldn't believe what this boy will do for a treat!
I was impressed the first few times he actually peed and laughed when he'd stand there and say "it's not working" or "go potty, Boy Parts." Then after a few days he stopped asking and would strip down naked and run to the toilet yelling "here it comes!". Many times he would have already peed in his diaper, but I consider it progress that he realized what was going on.
Then today alone he has taken off 2 completely dry diapers and made it to the toilet both times without my knowledge until I caught him peeing (both times). I was rather shocked and impressed. And did I mention that he just turned 2 in August?
This is the kind of potty-training I can handle. No messes (sans the drips on the toilet seat or floor)? excellent! No begging and pleading and asking a million times if he wants to sit on the toilet? hooray! No worrying about accidents or getting frustrated? Halelujah!
I love this boy. :)
I potty trained myself in one day-according to my parents. I think it went something like this, "I don't want to wear these diapers anymore." And then I took them off and started using the toilet. But I've heard this is much more common with girls than with boys. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! And hits close to home because I've been battling a bit with Jane. She wants to wear panties like her sisters, wants to sit on the toilet, etc. I'm just not sure I'm ready. But I WOULD be if I knew it would be as easy as with Peter!
ReplyDeleteCan you send a little bit of that kid magic our way?
ReplyDeleteThat's great, it all of a sudden hit Kaylee right around the thanksgiving i believe. She still hasn't gotten the pooping part but she at least asking for a diaper. I just don't know how to get her to do that in the toilet. we haven't gotten to the point to have her wear panties at night.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's one incredible boy you've got there! Keep up the good work, Peter!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Two of my boys were that age and they also did it themselves. It is great having an older brother. My girls were another story.
ReplyDeleteNice!
ReplyDeleteWow! Just, wow! I just got through the potty-training of my little guy. It was the hardest thing I've had to do (thus-far). Here's to easy potty-training in years to come! :)
ReplyDelete