11 January 2011

Surgery today

Clark had his surgery this morning and everything is going well.

Look at the size of his tonsils. The doctor said his tonsils were big and his adenoids were huge. Glad they got them out!

While waiting for surgery Clark got to color.

Right after surgery, he was obviously uncomfortable but ate a few popsicles and drank apple juice and watched a movie. He got drugged up and then acted signficantly better and ended up playing on the computer for a long time.


Then Dad visited during lunch and they built with legos for a while.

Clark loved that.

Now we're just eating popsicles, applesauce, chocolate pudding, and killing time until we go home tomorrow. We are staying overnight because they want to make sure that there is no desaturation of oxygen levels tonight.

Wish us luck that everything goes well tonight!

6 comments:

  1. I hope he recovers well. I remember when my siblings got their tonsils out their voices were so different. I don't think they ever got back to "normal." I wonder how long it will take before his new voice is his normal voice . . . or if it will even be that different.

    Either way, good luck with everything! Give him a hug from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will be a trooper. All 3 of my kids had their tonsils out. They each reacted differently to it. I will tell you (not to stress you out - just to prepare you) that days 3 through about 7 were the worst. It was very difficult to get them to want to even drink anything. And what worked for one didn't work for the other. One really liked ice cream sandwiches. Another tolerated soft ice (like from Sonic). The youngest I had to force water in her via a medicine syringe just so she wouldn't get dehydrated. I'm sure your dr. has already told you this, but the sooner he eats solid foods (not scratchy), the sooner he will heal. I can tell you that is absolutely true. Brynn was the oldest to get them out and the most cooperative. Therefore, she healed the fastest. Brooklyn was the youngest to get them out and she fought eating and drinking and it took a good couple of weeks to finally get to where she was comfortable.

    I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes fantastic for you. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so hard to see your kids in the hospital...I'm glad it went well, and that's its over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Poor kid. I sure hope it helps and that he feels better very soon!

    ReplyDelete