While Jodie has been engulfed in sewing projects for the last few months I have worked on a few projects of my own.
Several months ago we picked up a couple of metal lamp shades from IKEA that were on clearance. The ultimate plan was to hang them in the boy's room because they managed to break the floor lamp that was in their room. Of course I can't just paint them and hang them up, I have to take a simple project and make it as complicated and time consuming as possible (apparently I get that trait from my dad). After several days of planning I decided to make animal constellation lamps. The animals are painted with a glow in the dark paint and I drilled where the stars are in the constellation. At the bottom of each lamp I hung a circle of rice paper so the light coming down wouldn't be so harsh. I think they turned out well and it only took me two and a half months to complete both (they have been hanging in their room for about a month).
Below are a couple angles of the lamps. The first picture in each set I took with the flash on so you could see the animals and the second picture I took with the flash off so you can see the "stars" better.

Hey, those turned out great! I can't tell from the pictures, are they bright enough to be the only light source?
ReplyDeleteNice crafting Age.
Seriously? You did an incredible job on those! I want some for Hudson's room now. Great idea! My husband thanks you for adding this to his honey-dos =)
ReplyDeleteNice, Age. :)
ReplyDeleteyea, G, they work quite nicely. :)
ReplyDeleteThose are great! Our son killed the floor lamp too so, I was looking for some solutions...
ReplyDeleteYou and Jodie BOTH are so creative. Good job!