06 August 2010
On to plan B
I got a call from the genetic specialist this afternoon. Apparently Claire isn't responding to the Vitamin B-12 shots like we'd hoped. We went into the hospital every day Monday-Friday of last week to get a blood test and injection. The hope was that the levels of the methylmalonic acid in her blood would go down in response to the B-12, but that didn't happen. So we are now onto Plan B which is a full week of daily injections (starting next Monday and being administered by me) and then a blood test at the end of the week to see where her MMA levels are at. If they still aren't going down, then it's back to the drawing board to try to figure out what in the world is going on. Goodness, I'm ready for this drama to be over and to just know what's going on so we can fix it! Sheesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Consider me another person added to the people praying for your family and her. :)
ReplyDeleteUgh, I'm so sorry. That would be hard to watch your sweet little girl go through. Sending you healthy-baby-vibes:)
ReplyDeleteThat stinks. I really hope this next week goes well. Not knowing what is going on is so so hard. We'll be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteYou're in my prayers. I know that I personally HATE poking babies even though I have to do it every day at work. I'm so sorry she has to go through this. Hopefully they'll figure out what's going on soon.
ReplyDeleteOh no! How frustrating! So sorry you guys have to deal with this. Sending lots of love and hopes for some quick and clear answers:)
ReplyDeleteI hope you figure all this out soon. I'll keep you in my prayers too.
ReplyDeleteLove you Jodie! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know this was going on?!?! How did you know her levels were high? What were her symptoms? I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for her!
ReplyDelete