01 August 2010

More freezer paper stencils



I had made this 90 minute shirt for Peter, but felt like it was needing something. Then when Gina and I did the freezer paper stencils, I knew that's what I wanted to do to it. Peter wanted a "robot shirt" so I googled "robot images" and this was one of the first ones I found. I enlarged it, swapped a star for the heart and painted it on. So easy and he loves it (I made it Friday and he insisted on wearing it Friday AND Saturday).


But Clark felt left out and kept telling me he wanted a "dinosaur shirt"--a stegosaurus to be exact. So I found the only solid shirt he had and slapped a dinosaur on it. He was wearing it within 30 minutes. I love how easy freezer paper stenciling is, though I really wish Gina were here to do the cutting. I am not nearly as meticulous as she is! Off to find more things to stencil...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Love it! So when can I come over do some?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love stenciling around here too- It's what I've been making for all the nieces and nephews birthdays lately. It's a hit and they look so cute! Love the robot shirt- we just might need to copy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. Seriously here. I NEED to learn how to do this. I'm not kidding around. When you are available, I will be AT YOUR HOUSE, ready to go. PLEASE! I would love to make one for Liam's first birthday, which is sooooooon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i lived closer to crafty friends who could teach me how to do this. i love that he knows the word stegosaurus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - Too bad Jamie and I didn't think of trying that when we were together. VERY COOL - LOVE the robot and amazed that you could whip one out for Clark too!

    ReplyDelete