
...and joined the YMCA.
Why? Because it's like 2 minutes from our house and I've got quite a lot of baby weight that needs to be gone (I have no clothes that fit that don't make me look pregnant!). Also, because it seems like the popular thing to do around here and because it's like a billion degrees outside when you factor in the humidity and there is no way I'd be caught running out there. And I think it's easier to begin again when I have other options than just running around the park a few times. Plus, I really want to sign Clark up for Soccer and Peter for some classes (swimming?) so I'm kind of excited.Today I went for the first time. It was great. We put the kids to bed, I fed Claire and left for an hour to get my endorphins pumping. While exercising I noticed a few things:
1. The girl next to me was way too good at texting while using the Eliptical. How is that even possible?
2. I probably shouldn't have watched "A Kid in the Candy Store" on the Food network while exercising. I enjoyed it too much and felt like I gained a hundred pounds just by watching it (even though it was sans volume since I didn't bring headphones).
3. I need new work-out shorts. Adrian's "basketball" shorts that he got in high school cross country that I usually wear to bed are not ideal.
4. I think I'm going to enjoy this way too much...
Yay!! You're going to love it. It becomes addicting. The swimming lessons are great. We should get Gavin and Peter in a class together. We're also always up for swimming buddies at Calypso Cove!
ReplyDeleteYeah, we gave in for the summer and got a Y membership as well. We go swimming their all the time, and I really appreciate the kid drop-off so I can go to a yoga class now and then. And I'm not even the "work-out" type.
ReplyDeletePS, the word verification thing it gave me was "peter". The coincidence made me chuckle.
That's awesome! I actually teach a pre-natal water aerobics class at our YMCA and get to workout there because of it. I love it and the fact that I can take Hudson to the Rug Rats class while I'm attempting to pump some iron. Great job Jodie!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! That really is great. I still haven't been able to find anything as pleasant as our stroller brigade. It was so nice to have a few people equally dedicated to it. Walking on a treadmill with the kids bugging me just isn't the same.
ReplyDeleteI miss that YMCA. The ones here aren't nearly as good....:(
ReplyDeleteHooray! Sounds awesome. You will get so much use out of that place. AWESOME!!
ReplyDelete