05 May 2010

I just have to laugh.

Because at this point, there is little else to do (I've gone through all the other emotions already).

My past few days have been like this:

1) Clark put my full-length mirror on the floor. Peter sat on top. Clark pulled up and the mirror snapped in half (luckily no injuries to the little one).

2) Clark asked me how to spell "dancing" and I asked what he was writing only to find out that he had punctuated and added dialogue to every page of one of our library books

(he was going to write "I'm um um dancing")

3) The next day he did the same thing to another library book (luckily this time it was in pencil)

4) I went in during quiet time and found Clark with my pinking shearers. Apparently he wanted to know what was inside my pillow.


5) He colored all over the front of a Mother's Day card I'm sending to my mother. Hopefully she finds it much more endearing than I did.

6) After a morning of Clark ordering me around "No, YOU do it" we went to the zoo and he ran away from me at almost every opportunity. He's not easy to chase while at 37 weeks pregnant.

7) Peter fell asleep on the way home from the zoo and didn't fall back asleep in his crib, but instead figured out how to climb out, for the first time.

8) Adrian took Clark to a primary activity last night and they came home with 2 dozen roses and a bag of dried Mangoes from Costco (my favorite treat that I can't usually justify buying) as an early Mother's Day gift and as a "I'm sorry you had an especially crappy day" gift. I trimmed the roses, put them in a vase, turned around and tripped on the open dishwasher. I fell face-first on our tile floor. Luckily Adrian came to the rescue and cleaned up the mess that I was and the mess I had made. Now my shoulder, elbow, and both knees are bruised pretty good.

9) And then Clark peed on my bed during quiet time today.

It just seems to be one thing after another. I just can't wait to add a new baby to the mix because that's going to help everyone, right? You're all laughing too, now, aren't you?
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. I really hope you get to keep that book. If you forget the fact that it's a library book, I'd say he's very creative. Time to MAKE books. Cut out pictures from a magazine and have him write the story.

    Oh, and I'm glad you took pictures. Proof to him when he's older that he was a real turkey.

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya Jodie. KIDS... sometimes leaving us wondering why we want more. I guess that's why Heavenly Father gives them to us as babies. I would have sent the 2yr/3yr old back.

    I hope your little girl comes soon.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I was laughing a little. Not at you but...oh my goodness Clark! I am sorry you had a rough couple of days, maybe he is just trying to get some attention before all the attention is on the baby for a while??? I hope the next few days are better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something in the air, because Lindsay was been horrid, too. Her rap sheet today is about that long as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodie, we love you! Hey, think of it this way -- it can only get better! I am still leaving my offer to send Emoree your way. Could be some real help -- in child wrangling that is! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it so funny that we love it when they can learn all of these new skills, and yet they turn around and use them to wreck havock sometimes! Sometimes they are too smart for thier own (or our) good! I'm finding the same thing with my two little ones. This too shall pass right???

    ReplyDelete
  7. That which does not kill you makes you stronger, right? That's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, what a day, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually was laughing. Very hard. But only about the peeing on your bed during quiet time comment. That was just the icing on the cake. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Days like this are so much funnier when they happen to someone else! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jodie. I'm SO glad you can laugh. Cuz seriously, this kind of stuff can drive me to tears. I'd much rather laugh! And our kids will survive us better if we do. I agree with Becca, there's something in the air. My kids (all the way up to my typically fabulous 8 year old!!) have been ornery lately as well.

    And Gina, that's a great idea to have him start making his own! I was terrible about doing that as a kid, even when I was TOTALLY old enough to know better... I just thought this page needed a little more color, or that one a little better dialogue... once I learned how to make my own (and was given permission/materials to do so) I made myself coloring books, story books, all kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete