19 April 2010

Turning

So, I'm around 35 weeks . I'm feeling like it's about time for this baby to turn head-down. She's been chillin' in the side-lying position for weeks now. Any suggestions on how to get her to turn?

I've tried lying upside-down on our ironing board propped against our bed and I about killed myself (just ask Adrian), and I've been putting cold things against the side of my belly that I want her to turn from, any other ideas that I can do on my own?

8 comments:

  1. This website is full of advice.

    http://www.spinningbabies.com/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come over to the natural childbirth board at pregnancy.org. LOTS of good advice there- a lady just turned her baby at 36 weeks. http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/forumdisplay.php?f=496

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I should say anything. But James finally stayed where he was supposed to stay at 39 weeks and 3 days. It's not over till it's over!

    I got to the point where I could lie upside down and gently push his head to where I wanted it to be. Worked about 10 out of the 12 times I had to do it. ARGH! These fourth babies....

    ReplyDelete
  4. And remember, side lying is easier to move than full breech - so remain positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oliver was breech at 36 weeks, and head-down by 38. I think. I did the lying on an incline a few times, with an ice pack to try to get him to move away from the cold. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but he turned, obviously.

    If you want to keep trying the incline thing, I'd try something not as steep. I ended up just putting my hips on these oversize pillows we have and that was much more manageable than my first attempt with something against our couch (I just about killed myself as well).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bummer! I wish I had some info for you. :( I was surprised that our baby turned head down several weeks ago and has stayed there. I'm sure it could change at any time and your gal will change her position in due time. If it were me, I'd be pushing and shoving. There's a lot of times that I have to push around on my belly when he's in a position that's not my favorite. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry :( I wish I had some good advice...but I don't have much experience in that department. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was told doing tasks on hands and knees gives them a little more room for moving around and getting into position. Playing with kids, mopping a floor with a rag, weeding, that kind of stuff. Good luck! Eve didn't turn until we were in labor. Let's just say, "Ouch." Apparently I didn't do enough mopping.

    ReplyDelete