20 April 2010

I made this!!

No, not that absolutely darling green shirt with the fabulous embroidery. I'm borrowing that one. But see that white shirt underneath? Yep, that's what I made. From scratch. Without a pattern. Yep, you can say I'm pretty pleased with myself. :) It is a leotard fabric that is stretchy and tight-fitting. The purpose it just as you see it--an undershirt only. It's not perfect, and there is definitely a secret about doing the collar in a stretch-knit fabric that I need to be given (I had to unpick it and do it twice and it still isn't perfect) but other than that I am happy with how it turned out. And it cost me less than $7, which I am VERY happy about.

Weird picture, I know...it looks like I want you all to stare at my chest or something...a little awkward. So sorry.


Now I'm itching to do more. Not that I don't already have a ton of projects sitting around waiting to be finished or anything.

5 comments:

  1. I love those undershirts! And I am incredibly impressed with how thrifty you were in making it. On top of my awe in your making it. Period. My undershirts cost closer to $10 at least! Seriously Jodie, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I sign up for lessons this summer? Assuming we see you when we are in Ohio. I was seriously thinking of making undershirts just yesterday. And then I had the envelope shirt fiasco and I've tried to unthink the undershirt thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I need you to come and tutor me with this whole sewing thing... now if only you lived a little closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, girl! I would never guess you had issues with the neck. It looks fabulous! I've been on a sewing kick also lately. Sew much fun!!

    ReplyDelete