Once Peter found out there was candy in the eggs, the "hunt" part was all over. Then he just wanted Clark's eggs.
We also grew Easter grass for the first time (it was wheatgrass, actually). This picture was taken a week after we planted it. It grew SO quickly and we had a fun time every morning and throughout the day seeing how tall it had grown. A few days after this picture we decided to give it a "haircut" which consisted of Clark hacking away with a pair of scissors...Now it looks hilarious but hopefully it'll continue to grow again.
And this is the picture Clark wanted to take of the grass.
We had a lovely Easter morning and day filled with conference, Dad being home (he was gone for most of the weekend), and quite a bit of sugar. Hopefully your holiday was just as sweet.

I love the grass! I'll have to try that next year... as long as I can remember to. I've seen people grow it IN their easter baskets so they can lay their eggs on it during their easter hunts. Sounds fun. I'm definitely looking forward to this sugar overload to be over, though.
ReplyDeleteI love the wheat grass as well. In fact I'd like a reminder post next Easter time about a week before so I can do it with my girls. You and Jamie are so clever! And I like the Halloween/Easter bucket as well. It's perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove it. And just for the record... we've used pumpkin buckets more often than not as well. :)
ReplyDelete