Note: These recipes call usually make 2-4 loafs of bread, so we have a lot of bread right now. Clark sure is happy about that.
07 March 2010
Bread
Today was bread making day. Bread making in our home frequently consists of me, Adrian, slaving in the kitchen while everyone takes a nap on a Sunday afternoon. Okay, slaving isn't the right word for it because I usually do a recipe from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book. Anyway, today was a little different. Clark didn't take a nap, so he was my helper in the kitchen (until I banished him at the very end). Also, we made 4 different kinds of bread. I am sure you can guess which one Clark was most excited about.
Cheddar Bread - I made it into rolls and it was very tasty (though, it would have been better with sharp cheddar)
Granola Bread - Jodie made some granola yesterday, so I thought I would give it a try. We haven't cut into it yet, but it sure smells nice.
Chocolate Bread - Pretty good, but could use some chocolate chips mixed in.
Broa (Portuguese Corn Bread) - I froze all it all, so we can have it for later.
Note: These recipes call usually make 2-4 loafs of bread, so we have a lot of bread right now. Clark sure is happy about that.
Note: These recipes call usually make 2-4 loafs of bread, so we have a lot of bread right now. Clark sure is happy about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, that's a lot of bread! I'm proud of myself for the ONE load of banana bread I made this week:). The portuguese bread looks particularly yummy to me.
ReplyDeleteDelish! You two are incredible! That's a serious amount of yeast. And covered bowls.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that book! The bread is soo YUMMY!
ReplyDeleteI seriously need the cheddar bread recipe! great work, Adrian!
ReplyDeleteI've been interested in getting that book for a while now... are there a lot of recipes that you love? Looks like it from what can i see, but I have SO many cookbooks that only have a few recipes that I love and then I regret purchasing the book rather than just printing off the recipes I buy the book for. Thoughts?
ReplyDeleteLesley, I'd suggest checking it out from the library first before buying it. Adrian does all the bread baking and honestly, there are some recipes I haven't been a huge fan of. But I'd say there are more that we've loved than didn't like. Like the blueberry lemon curd roll...Mmmmmm, that stuff is heavenly.
ReplyDeleteRise and shout, the bread is out!
ReplyDeleteCan you please give my husband a spark of bread making?
ReplyDeletethese look so amazing! My husband and I have been trying our hand at breadmaking lately too and it sure makes for some good eating! Way to go Adrian, this bread looks great!
ReplyDeleteWish I had a bread maker at my house, besides me. I don't make it very often because it is just too much work. All of your bread looks yummy. Are they pretty simple from that book? I have never heard of it, but after seeing all of your awesome bread I may have to go to the library. You are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteOK I really thought I commented on this already, but I guess not. All of the bread looks delish. When I was at the library the day after this post I was going to look for the book you referenced...then my Pregnancy Brain kicked in and I forgot :( when I return the books I got, i will look for it.
ReplyDeleteWe bought a fancy new breadmaker a few years ago. It sits on my shelf mocking me, especially when I read posts like this, Age. I'm also totally jealous of your pre-garden sprouts. Maybe you could fly to Utah and make me some loaves? :)
ReplyDeleteWow! You rock, Age. I've made the granola they recommend for that granola bread, and it is FANtastic just as cereal. I bet the bread is delicious! I SO need to buy that book!!
ReplyDelete