1. A diaper/wipes case from THIS tutorial. Easy, in my opinion. I made a second one that was a little cuter (with a fabric flower using this tutorial as a guide) and gave it to a friend as a shower gift. I think I am getting a little too excited for this little girl to arrive.
2. A few weeks ago I bought a maternity skirt and top at Once Upon a Child for $1. The skirt was cute and the top was a really tacky sleeveless number. I got a brilliant idea to turn the top into an itty bitty dress using THIS tutorial:
3. I have an ugly Boppy and fortunately Clark ripped it a bit, so I had a good excuse to recover it. I had this fabric already (I know it's kind of tacky, but I really like it) and added a zipper so it can be removed and washed. (No pattern or tutorial...It wasn't that hard to figure out). It turned out fine, but I'm purposely not showing you the zipper-side because it's a little wonky. Life goes on.
4. I won't go into detail on how we bought our bedding before we moved into our house and how the color-scheme doesn't fit with our bedroom. at. all. So I've been wanting to make some throw pillows to tie-in the black and cream which is pretty much the rest of our room. I found some remnant fabric at JoAnns and came up with these, using stuffing from two other really tacky throw pillows we already had. I'm planning on adding more pillows (of different fabrics) soon...
5. I just made this today and LOVE it. I used an old shirt of Adrian's and THIS tutorial to make an envelope shirt for Peter.
6. I am also in the middle of making two somethings for friends who are due around the time I am (with little boys). I can't show a picture, though, since I know they read my blog, but trust me, they're cute.
Not bad, eh? What have you been crafting lately?
No crafting around here - but yours are sure inspiring! Darling dress especially!
ReplyDeleteWow, you are on a roll! Love the brown dress. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI am also NOT crafting at the moment. I'm also not cleaning. Okay, that's not true - I'm actually in "spring cleaning" mode. I LOVE the dress, AND the wipe case, AND the shirt, especially. Nicely done! You don't have a serger do you?
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!!! i'm too obsessed with decorating to be able to get into sewing, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little dress you made. ANd the throw pillows.
ReplyDeleteWow, Jodie! I am so impressed by your craftiness! Good job.
ReplyDeletei'm so so impressed! i love the little shirt especially!
ReplyDeletecan i ask you a serious question? HOW / WHEN do you do this stuff? exclusively nap time? i have so much in my head that i want to make but i haven't been able to do one thing since mateo. and he's just one little guy, not two like you have. help! and he's not much of a napper...
Tehe...
ReplyDeleteLove it all.
No, Jen, I don't have a serger...though that would make my life SO MUCH EASIER!
ReplyDeleteAnd to answer your question, Pam, I usually sew after the boys go to bed. When I try to sew when my boys are awake, they're both climbing all over me and Peter is usually adjusting my stitch length or pushing my backstitch button. :) I'll say 95% of my sewing is done after 8 pm.
Crafting . . . no. Big plans, nothing to show for it. But your stuff looks great. I've got to find myself some shirts Micah doesn't wear any more for the envelope shirt. I love that look on Peter.
ReplyDeleteLizzie, if you're serious about wanting to make one let me give you one word of advice...Do NOT use one of Micah's old shirts. These H men are too small. :) I had a bit of trouble fitting my pattern onto Adrian's small shirt. The tutorial suggests a size XL shirt and I'd at least say it needs to be L. So yeah, if you can find a L shirt that Micah owns, you're in business. Otherwise, find something really cheap at a second hand store or something like that. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYou've seriously started a new obsession for me!!! I love everything you've made... and now I'm determined to improve my sewing skills. I want to be a sewist! :) (See, I'm already learning not to call it a "sewer" from reading sewing blogs! HA!)
ReplyDeleteI got tired just reading about all the things you've done. super amazing. :)
ReplyDeleteI love it all! That little girlie stuff is so cute! So, you've been enjoying Celebrating the Boy month too, right? I've been wanting to make a few of those shirts for Gavin since he is grown out of all his winter clothes and it's not quite warm enough for summer clothes yet. I'll have to pick your brain about it...way cute!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome. Those are adorable! I especially like the envelope shirt. I have a lot of crafty plans. It's actually getting around to them that the trouble.
ReplyDeleteJodie, you simply amaze me. Your family & friends are so lucky to have you. I'm sure there are millions of good things I could do to make my home feel homey if only I had the eye you have to see it and the talent to make it! Thanks for sharing all this coolness!
ReplyDelete