24 February 2010

No belly picture?

When I was pregnant with Clark, we took belly pictures of me every week (starting at wk 18). It was fun to document and see the "progress" of my growing belly. With Anna I took a handful, but it was hard to document a growing belly that wasn't exactly growing. With Peter, we still took significantly less. And this time around? One. The one I posted at 17 weeks with our announcement on this blog. Sometimes I feel sad that I haven't been taking pictures, but most of the time I'm glad because I feel ENORMOUS.

Yesterday as we were waiting in our pediatrician's lobby, a woman asked when I was due. When I told her in May she responded "You're so big!" I smiled and gave a courtesy laugh while thinking, "Well that's not the nicest way I've heard it been put before."

One of these days I'll take and share another picture. Maybe. But don't hold your breath.

7 comments:

  1. you have a healthy baby girl growing in your belly... so she is big and your belly is big... you are SO NOT BIG!

    want to see a picture anyway. I cannot be convinced of your "enormity" It just isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Stacy asked me for a belly shot today too!! ;) How 'bout this... you do it and I'll do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it completely. For me it's not because of my size - it's more that I already KNOW what I look like when I'm big and pregnant. I can look back at the pictures of other pregnancies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lady is CRAZY. You are NOT "so big". You are so adorable. I love how darling your are pregnant. You really are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it funny that while most people hate hearing people say that they are big...I love it when people say I'm looking big. Just cause I like to get credit for all the whining that I do. And believe me...I do A LOT of complaining. :)

    And for the record. You look perfect. Perfectly big bellied, and small everything else. Flaunt that belly, girl! You wear pregnancy so so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to take belly pictures of any 3 of my pregnancies...not wanting to remember that at all. My mother in law took one of me while i was swimming and I about killed her. So now worries. We were all huge. Mike told me yesterday he wanted to eat cottage cheese every time he saw my butt when I was 7/8 months pregnant...so like I said, no pictures :) And as a final thought, the BABY is sooooo worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having not seen your belly and only hearing the story, I was going to say that maybe you are secretly having twins. But I'm guessing not. And I agree with Jen. I only took a few belly shots with Oliver because I already know what I look like with a belly. Having said that, if I have another one, I think I'd like to try to do more artistic pictures rather than the standard side profile thing. That could make it more fun.

    ReplyDelete