Not that great, unfortunately.
It seems like I never have much luck with Martha Stewart recipes. They never turn out how I want them to...mostly in the taste aspect. I made these cupcakes for my visiting teachees. They're called "Raspberry cupcakes with pink buttercream and chocolate lace hearts". And they weren't that difficult to make. But really, they just kind of taste like raspberry muffins with butter on top...and a chocolate heart. I am pretty disappointed, but I am still taking them to my VT's. I hate to go empty handed...
People eat with their eyes first, remember? Try Ina garten's coconut cupcakes and omi the coconut if you don't like it. I don't even like cupcakes and I was dying. I love those hearts you made! Gorgeous
ReplyDeleteTHe choch hearts look really good - tastey and pretttty! Did u make those too or just the cupcakes? if so, how did u make the hearts?
ReplyDeleteI've had similar problems with Martha's recipes. At least these LOOK fabulous! Love the hearts. I wish you were my VTer--I never even see mine.
ReplyDeletethey look amazing! how did you make the hearts so perfect?
ReplyDeletethose are beautiful--well done!
ReplyDeletei have had the same problem with martha stewart recipes, too. funny.
Nothing fancy in making those hearts. I drew about 12 heats onto wax paper (I used a cookie cutter as a stencil). I melted chocolate chips. I put chocolate in a baggie and piped it onto the hearts and waited for them to dry. Easy as that. Try it, it sure fancies things up a bit. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't had great success with Martha's recipes.
Well, they are GORGEOUS... and I agree, we eat with our eyes first - then our noses... so if they smell good, which I'm sure they did... you're in business! ;)
ReplyDeleteThey're so beautiful though, that's half the gift. I'd love to learn to make those beautiful hearts! You could put them on any number of other, better tasting, delicacies! I'll have to give it a go sometime!
ReplyDelete