04 February 2010

A lot goes on in my head.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes throughout my day with constant blogs or facebook status updates going on in my head. This morning it's been especially bad, the amount of updates I've been tempted to post on facebook. So far I've almost posted:

"went to bed and woke up with a raging headache. Three nights in a row. Ugh."

"note to my boys: when you scream and pound on the door, it only makes me take a longer shower."

"I wish I could enjoy a bowl of grapefruit by myself except that my boys love it as much as I do, so I always have to share."

"today is starting out to be a good curly-hair day. Hope it lasts."

"It's barely 10:30 and I'm already covered in peanut butter, applesauce, and boogers. What can I say? My little guy loves me."

Now we're headed off to the library. I can't wait to see how many more updates will get written in my head while we're gone. Or maybe it'll just be one status that sums up the trip: "can't find Peter. Last time I saw him he was running toward the young-adult non-fiction. Maybe I can lure him back with Goldfish crackers..." Can't wait. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . I have a draft of a post similar to this in my account. Funny how blogs and such make our brains think.

    Hope your headache is better, and your library trip was a success.

    Oh, and boogers, pb, and applesauce sound like a great combo. The badges of motherhood. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post totally hits home. I think of Facebook status updates in my head like...at least once an hour. Funny how that works...

    And it's funny how a lot of your non-posted updates are totally ones I would have had. Especially the ones about the headaches, shower, and curly-hair. Crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to every day of my life. I'm slightly embarrassed by how much I love the Internet, and how much it dictates my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO funny. I thought I was the only one... I do this all day long.

    ReplyDelete