Lately, though, he has been so funny about making things into letters. Every morning before putting on his pants, he shapes the legs into a "P" shape. He puts toothbrushes into a "T" shape before brushing his teeth. He puts cars and crayons in to "C" shapes before playing. Shoes in "S" shapes, forks in "F" shapes, you get the idea. If he can make something into the letter it begins with, he does.
As you can imagine, C, L, A, R, and K are his favorite letters to make and occasionally I will walk into a room and find it spelled on the floor with shoes, blocks, sewing equipment, dirty laundry, books, and anything else he found that he considered usable.
One evening before going to bed, he coaxed Adrian into using their bodies to spell out every letter of the alphabet, and they did a pretty good job at it!
A few days ago he started using himself and some shoes to make letters and asked me to take his picture. I promise, he did this all on his own with no help from me at all.
He sure cracks me up sometimes.
That's great! I am very impressed. And hopeful that Simon might start doing things like that too. I need him to have some sort of creative outlet. :)
ReplyDeletewhat a creative little guy you have!
ReplyDeletethat is so great!
ReplyDeletefabulous!
ReplyDeleteWow! That's impressive! Smart little boy!
ReplyDeleteOH my goodness! Such a smartypants! Give Clark a kiss from Aunt Meliss!
ReplyDelete