I just took an empty cereal box (because it's sturdy), and drew and labeled 12 boxes (with numbers and words). Clark then counted out that many macaroni noodles and glued them into the box. Really simple.
This is the first time I let Clark squeeze the glue all by himself and after making HUGE puddles, I made sure to teach him to make small dots. Then he was barely putting any glue onto the paper, so it took a while for him to find the happy medium.
He seriously loved this activity so much that after he had glued in all 12 boxes, he asked to keep going. So I got another box and labeled it 13-20. It kept him busy and happy for so long.
I let them dry and am planning on letting him paint them...but that's for when I'm ready to hop onto the "extra awesome mom" wagon, which unfortunately isn't today.
Oooo I think I just found our project for tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteThank you, I'm doing this today. Just what I needed.
ReplyDeleteThank you. We did this before dinner last night, when I was pulling my hair out. They loved it!
ReplyDeleteLove the glue n' macaroni project. Have you ever tried dyeing pasta? I just did it for a preschool activity and loved it.
ReplyDeleteJust put a little rubbing alcohol and food coloring in a ziplock bag, dump in some pasta, zip the bag and rub it around. Empty onto wax paper and let sit for a few hours to evaporate the alcohol. The colors come out great and the possibilities of different shapes and colors and projects are endless!
Dang you are too cute Jodie. I love this.
ReplyDeleteThe kids learned a little saying in school that has transferred over to home when doing anything with glue...
"Just a dot... not a lot." Kinda in a sing songy voice. :) But it helps not just the little ones, but even the older ones keep the glue under control.
Hey, settling for the plain old, "Awesome Mom" category is pretty sweet! We may be doing that for school (preK) tomorrow!
ReplyDelete