We have a lot of big trees in our yard. Huge, even. Some of the roots are shallow and messing with the foundation of our house. So, unfortunately, we know of at least one of them has to go. About a week ago someone came by and quoted us $1000 to take down the tree and remove some branches overhanging our house from a few other trees. Uh, right. So Adrian is trying to save us some money by doing it himself.
Thank goodness for all of his rock climbing gear. I was really nervous at first, but when I saw his methods and how securely he strapped himself up there and how cautious he really was being, I believe he can do it after all.

He's taken down about a fourth of the branches up top. He just plans on starting high and working his way down. It completely exhausted him, but I really think he enjoyed it.
And I secretly think that he's overjoyed with the excuse of getting out his climbing gear and putting it to use again, finally.
you are so lucky to have big beautiful trees - and enough that you can cut one down!
ReplyDeleteAnd lucky to have a man who climbs.
It is sad to have to cut down such a nice, big tree. Oh how I wish I had some of those around here! Good luck with your little adventure!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome! I know Conan LOVES when he gets to climb trees for some official reason :) Have fun Age!
ReplyDeleteGo Age! Don't you love a man that can do anything! That's how my dad is.
ReplyDeleteSweetness! I am always secretly pleased when I have to get out my tools.
ReplyDelete