10 August 2009

updates

Gosh, we've been doing a lot, but I know you don't need excuses as to why my blog has been neglected.

Adrian had his 28th birthday last week. Clark had a very fun time frosting and decorating Adrian's cake.
And thanks to a friend, we were able to go on a date to the temple and out to eat...we really had a fabulous time.

I'm doing nothing special at the moment. I'm really enjoying my calling as choir director, although I don't know what I'm doing most of the time.

If you didn't know, we recently had a miscarriage (a month ago?). It was a bit rough, but things are good and fine now. We aren't pregnant now (as far as I know), but wouldn't mind it in the near future.

I did just get a part-time job (that I haven't started, just yet) that involves me educating families on fire-safety. So if any of you are interested, give me a call (or I may just get a hold of you...so beware).

Adrian and I are involved in our stake's production of Savior of the World. We're really excited, although it's a huge time committment. Adrian is the apostle, John, and I get to be in the choir (I'm that good...). The production is in November so if any family members are interested in coming to watch, I know a good place where you can stay.

Clark is (what I consider) potty-trained. It took a week, but now he will let us know when he needs to go and can hold it long enough for me to feel comfortable going to the grocery store with him in underwear. He even went in the big toilet at the church yesterday. One thing I find hilarious, though, is that he chose plain-colored boxer-brief underwear from the store and that's what he prefers (over the Lightening McQueen regular underwear that I picked out). His "pants" as he calls them. I say, whatever gets him to pee in the toilet is fine by me. :) Oh yeah, and we bribe him with chocolate chips. :) He's not accident-free, mind you, but pretty close.

Peter turns a year old this week. Wow! I hope that we will have more pictures to share, although we aren't planning on having a party for him or anything. He's such a hilarious kid and is the most strong-willed little booger. Boy do I love him. AND good news...he's FINALLY sleeping through the night! Wahoo! Just in time for me to get pregnant again and have to start waking up at night again, eh?
Anyways, I could talk more, but I don't want to be too boring, although it might already be too late.

Here's the video I took of Clark decorating Adrian's cake.

14 comments:

  1. Are you going to be working for Masterguard? We just went to a fire safety presentation given by them last week. Great products, but EXPENSIVE, I'm sure. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you'll have a good 9 months of sleep BEFORE a baby would be born. Though, there is waking up in the night for the bathroom...

    I was thinking about Pete's birthday coming up, and bummed that I missed Adrians. I am bummed because I remembered, but forgot to EMAIL or CALL to wish him a happy birthday. duh!

    Been thinking about you tons!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Jenny, that's not the company. But it's probably similar, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous update. Now let's get together and hash that all out in person. What'd'ya say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage. I can commiserate with you...and know that they are never "easy." I hope you heal emotionally and I love your optimism for more babies in the future.

    I don't think I could ever get BORED of reading your blog. You are funny and insightful and I love seeing your boys grow. You inspired me to post a video of my kid too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jodie,

    Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I wish you many happy pregnancies to come (or as many as you want :) You certainly are busy and your boys look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like updates. You guys sure stay busy! And congrats on getting Clark functionally potty-trained. I don't know when we're ever going to get ours to that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome on the potty training. Care to share some pointers? Simon gets fruit snacks if he goes on the potty, but I think if we switched to chocolate chips (or, better yet, m&ms) we might have more success. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I too wish you as many happy pregnancies in the future as you want! Tell Age happy birthday from us. And thanks for the tips for quilting. I might be emailing for more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys do so many great things! What are the dates of the production? Would you like a little help with the boys? -- Love, Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jodie...remember me your old friend from the laundry! Just popping in to say hi! Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jodie -
    I am so out of touch with you! It seems so crazy seeing how at one point in our lives we saw eachother daily.

    I wish you the best!
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. La la! Oh my goodness! Love the cake. So, all those classes really helped I see. Peter is so BIG! Love ya
    Jn (I've decided my name sounds the same without the 'e')

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodie, hearing about your family's life is NEVER boring. Not to me.

    I also would love to know the dates of the production! There's a chance my folks will be coming out for Thanksgiving, so I don't know whether/how that would affect our ability to come, but it sure sounds like a great time!

    Congrats Clark on getting that potty thing down! It sure can be rough! Keane finally decided it was a good idea about 3 days before we went on vacation. Fortunately he really was TOTALLY ready and has stayed dry virtually every day since! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete