1 part Elmer's glue
1 part liquid starch
Add starch to glue until glue will not absorb any more starch. It will start to form a ball. When you can pick it up, remove excess starch. Let sit in an air-tight container.
I got home and looked online, just to verify the recipe I guess. I saw a whole slew of different suggestions: 2 parts glue to 1 parts starch, don't use Elmer's brand glue, let sit overnight before playing with, etc.
So here is what I did:
I used Elmer's brand school glue and Sta-Flo brand liquid starch.
So I added the rest of the bottle of glue (not quite another 1/4 c. so the ratio wasn't exactly 2:1) and after mixing it around and kneading it for a bit I got this
My mom actually did this for me when I was little and I LOVED it. Though I think whatever she did required Borax or something. Anyways, you get all sorts of "cool mom" points for doing this.
ReplyDeleteI have another recipe that calls for glue and water and borax...and since I have both, I was going to try that maybe next week to see what the difference is.
ReplyDeleteSo, the not getting hands dirty thing. Must be a Heiselt thing. If Simon were to fall down in the dirt, he wouldn't be able to get up because it would mean having to put his hands down to get up. But that is neither here nor there. It looks like a fun thing to try. Maybe I'll see if The Boy likes it.
ReplyDelete