22 August 2009

Cicada

I was walking home from the bus stop and found this on our driveway. I have seen many cicadas in my life, but never one this big.



I brought it inside in a jar, but soon realized that it wasn't going to fly anywhere. It actually had the tendency to flip itself over on its back.


(yes, that is a quarter next to it)

I wanted to keep it as a pet, but Jodie wouldn't allow it. (She did keep a nice sized spider in a jar for a couple of days).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. OK, I agree with Jodie. Ever since those things came out in hordes when I was young in our woods, I get the heebie jeebies whenever I see one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the gigantic cockroaches in Phoenix. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote with Jodie. Drive it far far away......reminds me of the tarantula that Jim brought home one day......I pointed my finger and said - get back in that car and drive it far far away. He did. Smiling for you Jod.

    ReplyDelete