I haven't lived in a place where I needed a mop since I lived with my parents. The apartments we've rented in the past had very little tile/linoleum so I didn't mind getting on my hands and knees and rag-mopping. But now things are different. Now, 80%* of our main floor is tile (or laminate flooring) and I am really sick of rag-mopping it.
This is where you come in. What kind of mop do I want? Sponge mops kind of gross me out, but the cotton ones need a bucket to ring out the water. I'd like to be able to machine wash the head, but not have something that's going to fall apart on me next year. Oh yeah, and $70-$80 for a Shark** mop? You've got to be kidding.
Please help. And thank you.
*this is a made up number. I have no idea how much...but it's a lot.
**I've heard rave reviews about this particular one. But I'm not willing to fork over the dough
This is my mop. (will it work to use a link here?) if not, I'll email it to you.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.quickie.com/Public/Products/Default.aspx?UID=&ProductCategoryId=33&ProductId=79
I like it because it's easy to wring out and the head is washable.
I forgot to say, on that web page, it links you to a list of stores that sell it. I think I got mine at Walmart but I'm not sure they still sell it.
ReplyDeleteHow does it ring out? Am I touching the mop part while ringing it out? or do my hands get to stay clean?
ReplyDeleteAnd we have a Meijer near us (which is similar to Walmart) where they do sell it.
I bought a shark and will never ever use another mop again. I'm telling you. You don't believe me. But it is worth every penny.
ReplyDeleteYou never have to touch the mop head to wring it out, but you do have to touch it to remove the head for washing.
ReplyDeleteMy mom has a Shark and she says she loves it. I think it looks cool, but ya know... can't think about paying that much - what if it stopped working?
ReplyDeleteI have a Libbman mop from Target (it was $9.99) that you can wash in the machine and turn the little plastic thing to wring it out. I love it. I actually just got it. I had borrowed it from a neighbor and then had to have one. It's great.
I had a shark mop and gave it away. Did not like it. I have the Swiffer wet jet mop. I love it.
ReplyDeleteI use a regular swiffer. When I'm feeling eco-friendly (i.e. cheap) I rinse out the rag part and let it dry. Then when I want to use it again, I just dip it in some hot soapy water. But usually I just throw it away.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, my grandma would wash the swiffer wet rags in her washing machine and use them 3-4 times.
I have one of those microfiber ones. It has one attachment that is a sweeper and then one that mops. I just take off that part when I'm done and throw it in the washing machine. Works WONDERFULLY and is very large so covers a good amount of area quickly. I also found a shark-type contraption at a Goodwill for $10. When I want a really good cleaning done, I'll use it, but it's not super convenient for every time.
ReplyDeleteSwiffer all the way! the shark stinks... i'm gonna return mine.
ReplyDelete