Anyways, I decided the other day that we would just play. We spent most of the day outside playing in the mud, then in the dirty rain water that had collected in our plastic pool, then writing with dirty, wet chalk on our patio, etc. Needless to say my boys got SO DIRTY and had a blast. Then Clark and I did some ice painting, which went like this
20 June 2009
ice painting
I've felt like a pretty horrible mom lately. Ever since we moved, our house has been kind of in shambles because we're fixing it up while living here...which has made it hard to unpack. And then we just ripped up the carpet in the dining room thanks to a very unpleasant cat-odor smell (I hate cats). Blech. Anyways, it's been hard to focus on my boys and just playing with them because I've felt so overwhelmed with the house.
Anyways, I decided the other day that we would just play. We spent most of the day outside playing in the mud, then in the dirty rain water that had collected in our plastic pool, then writing with dirty, wet chalk on our patio, etc. Needless to say my boys got SO DIRTY and had a blast. Then Clark and I did some ice painting, which went like this
We put a little paint in ice cube trays, added some water and mixed it around. We let them freeze overnight.
The next day we taped some paper to some cookie sheets (with a lip).
Then we went outside, stuck on a few ice cubes and watched them paint the paper as Clark moved the cookie sheet around.
This is how it ended up looking with all the different colors. It was a lot of fun to watch the colors mix.
And this is what Peter was doing all the while--drinking dirty water off the patio. Fun! Maybe I'm not such a bad mom after all...
Anyways, I decided the other day that we would just play. We spent most of the day outside playing in the mud, then in the dirty rain water that had collected in our plastic pool, then writing with dirty, wet chalk on our patio, etc. Needless to say my boys got SO DIRTY and had a blast. Then Clark and I did some ice painting, which went like this
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i loved all ur ideas! Ur so creative! thx!
ReplyDeleteI know how hard it is to fix up a house and live there at the same time. I think you are doing a great job!! You always have fun ideas and I am so excited to see all you have done on your house.
ReplyDeleteOH I can totally relate to that first paragraph! You're such a fun mom, though. Good work, Jodie!
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea. And it's great to know that other people's kids drink sidewalk water.
ReplyDeletehahahahaha - this post made me really laugh. Pretty cute boys! Pretty cool mom!
ReplyDelete