02 June 2009

Happy Birthday, Clark!

Last week Clark turned 3! Wow! Adrian was at work but the boys and I had a fun day anyways.

Peter and I took Clark breakfast in bed. (He was a little confused as to why the muffin was on fire)

Then we went to the zoo and played at the splash pad. This is a great picture that shows how much fun Peter had:
I set him down in the water and right as he started crawling, a squirt of water shot him in the face and then he was done with the splash pad. Ha!

Oddly enough, Clark just kind of stood around and watched the other kids play. I kept urging him in, and although he did get a little wet and went down the slide a few times, he didn't really seem that interested and kept asking for me to put his shirt back on.

So, instead, we ate lunch and I paid the few dollars for a train ride. I'm glad I did because it was seriously the highlight of his day. He was so happy!
(Here's my happy face, Mom!)

(I don't know why but he is always chewing on his fingers. I ask him about 20 times a day to get his hands out of his mouth...sheesh!)

Oh Saturday, we had a little birthday party with some friends from church and some of our old neighbors.

I had told Clark about it a week before and asked him what kind of birthday cake he wanted. He told me chocolate. And red. Then he said he wanted Clifford the Beg Red Dog and changed his mind to orange. And then he couldn't stop talking about his "Clifford Birthday Cake." Seriously. Every morning he would ask me about it. And every night. And at church. And at the store. And while we read books. You get the idea. So by the time the birthday party came, he was SO excited.

I tried to make the party somewhat Clifford-themed without getting too detailed. So I decorated a few moving boxes to look like Clifford's and T-Bone's dog houses. I made a bean bag toss out of T-Bone's and we used Clifford's while we were playing hide-and-go-seek.

I also made some bone-shaped pizzas. And then there was his cake.
(I made Clifford and friends using color flow--really easy!)

I know it's a little tacky, but it has all the right elements: Chocolate. Orange. Clifford (and friends). And Clark loved it, so that's all that I really cared about.

Now Clark suddenly seems like such an older kid. As in, he has stopped taking naps and refuses to take baths at night. What happened to my little boy who loved to do what I wanted him to? :) haha. Anyways, Happy Birthday, Clark. Were glad you're in our family!

11 comments:

  1. I have been dealing with Brock's fingers in his mouth for months now. It drives me crazy. We try to say, it will make you sick, your hands are dirty. We even tried putting on bandaids to "remind" him not to chew his fingers. Sadly, he's still doing it. Sorry, I feel your pain.

    But on a lighter note...Happy Birthday Clark. Love the Clifford theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday handsome boy! I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Clark!!!

    I'm guessing you weren't on the train when it derailed this week? You'd probably have mentioned that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no....and I'm real glad about that! I mean, it's not like it is some fast-paced ride. I can't imagine how it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Clark! Don't you just love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake is adorable! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. please post and describe in more detail how u made clifford and friends--i am amazed and in wonder...they look SO good....are they cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with The Youngs, the cake is absolutely adorable!! I'm sure he totally loved it. It looked like a fun party. I also liked the dog houses. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute party! I may steal some of your ideas. Happy Birthday, Clark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my goodness! Your Clifford party looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great party, and I agree... great cakes! How did you get them so perfect??

    HAPPY (super-late) BIRTHDAY CLARK-MAN!

    ReplyDelete