03 May 2009

At 8 months Peter:


  • is an incredibly fast scooter--(but is still not actually crawling)
  • manages to scoot out of his pants daily.
  • has begun climbing --I found him climbing up the stairs the other day--but can't get back down.
  • has no teeth but is definitely teething.
  • eats table foods. His favorites include cottage cheese, breads, green beans, black beans and mashed potatoes. He HATES bananas and is anti baby-food.
  • will do anything he can to get himself outside (he waits like a puppy by the door if Clark is outside and he isn't).
  • isn't easily distracted--when he wants something, he is determined to get it.
  • is constantly pulling down our fake tree.
  • loves giving me zerberts (or raspberries) on my neck.
  • goes to sleep a LOT easier than before but still wakes up 3ish times in the night to eat (and try as I may I can't break him of it!)
  • is the giggliest baby I've ever seen--has the BEST belly laugh.
  • completely amused by Clark and laughs at him constantly.
  • loves giving kisses.

I sure love that kid!

6 comments:

  1. I saw him in the back of the gym today at Stake Conference gnawing on his hands. Yah...he's definitely teething. No question there.

    And he gave Cami a few of those belly laughs. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I like that you call them zerberts, we always called them filberts. Daniel still wasnt crawling at 8 months, but he had an army scoot. And now he's walking at 12 mos, so... not sure crawling is all that big a deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a darling picture of him. What a fun boy! I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, he looks like one of the funnest babies! I love the HUGE smile! Someday we will be able to meet up with our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does have one of the cutest smiles around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband calls them "zerberts" too! I had never heard that term, but I like it. And there was no time to visit you when we came down to Louisville. This summer we'll have to get together, I promise!

    ReplyDelete