So, we're house hunting. We really want to make smart decisions regarding our finances and we also want to be in a place that is best for us. We found a house that we really like and have been praying about whether or not it is where we needed to be.
This particular house needs a little work upfront, but overall is so great for us--lots of space, big back yard, covered patio, garage, etc. We have been doing a lot of research on ways to re-do the kitchen like what kinds of cabinets and counter tops we'd get and how we'd arrange it. I have been going to bed at night thinking about which rooms all of our stuff would go in (there would actually be ROOM for our stuff!) and what colors to paint the walls, etc. We seriously have become emotionally attached to it.
We were planning on waiting another month before putting an offer on it (for various reasons) and much to our disappointment, we found out today that it's been sold. *sigh* This is definitely an answer to our prayers, though just not the way we had hoped. It wasn't where we were supposed to be. But we're still sad about it. It just seemed so perfect. But I guess not. So, we're still looking...
But on a happier note, don't I have cute boys?

Jodie! Reading your blog kind of makes me want to move, seriously!:) I love fix up houses! So, about the fix ups... I just painted my kitchen cabinets white and tea stained them. So cute, if I do say so myself! The total cost for my kitchen renovation... $25.00! It looks like a different kitchen! I didn't have the money to buy new cabinets, and I needed to do something with the old... and viola! I love paint! Painting walls does change the whole look of a room! Don't be afraid to paint, you can always paint over it if you don't like it! ;) one more thing... beadboard! Love it! We had UGLY wall paper on half of our kitchen, and I nailed some beadboard up and tea stained it. I just put it up over the wall paper, so I didn't even have to mess with scraping it off. So, as you can tell, this stuff gets me pretty excited! Don't be afraid of "easy" redos! Paint, stain, putty, and beadboard fix almost anything! :) I think buying a home that needs some TLC is the best. Then, you can make it your own! Good luck with the hunt!
ReplyDeleteOh, and YES your boys are SO cute! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear it! I know you guys were excited about that place and it was very charming. But that was only one fish in a very big pond, so you'll find another great place eventually. Just remember, ward boundaries, ward boundaries, ward boundaries....
ReplyDeletejodie! my husband and i are in the exact same place as you. we've been looking for 6 months, put offers on three different homes that haven't worked out for us, can't sleep at night because i am renovating rooms in my head, etc. it's hard, especially when you get attached. we are working on getting another house now but it has taken over 3 months to close so we don't know if it ever will... and our baby is coming in april so we don't have too much time! it's great that you are trusting God and leaving it up to Him. the perfect place for you is out there!
ReplyDeleteSorry that you weren't able to get in on that house. You'll find something better anyway. And yes, you have cute boys. It was great to finally meet Peter the other day.
ReplyDeleteAt least you have those cute little boys. I'm so sorry about the house...but there are so many houses out there. I'm sure you'll find something just as, if not more perfect than the one that sold. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with house hunting! The whole process can be so overwhelming, but exciting and fun, too. And yeah, your boys are cute.
ReplyDeleteOh man, so sorry about the house...something better will come along! (And like Rachel said, the only REALLY important thing to remember is ward boudaries, right?)But my those boys are sure cute!
ReplyDeleteJodie, hang in there. The househunt is long and arduous, but it will end eventually. We fell in love with 4 or 5 houses over our hunt, but all of them fell through. I just had to trust that Heavenly Father had something special in store. And he did! This house (compared to the others we'd found) is amazing and the space is exactly what we needed. There was NO work to be done and things went really smoothly. All it took was a little faith and patience. Don't feel pressured to get into any one place. There are TONS of houses on the market right now and you'll find the one that's right for you. Good luck to you and your cute boys (all 3 of them)! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry about the house. I know from experience how hard it is to get emotionally attached to a house and feel sooo good about it and then seeing it fall through. But, I also know without a doubt, that Heavenly Father has a place for each of us and if we put our trust in Him, he will make sure we get there (in His time, of course:) Hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteJodie,
ReplyDeleteDo you guys have a good realtor helping you house hunt? You should come look at the house across the street from me... it for sale, or rent-to-own! It's cute too! Jen
Your boys are so stinkin' cute! Good luck with the house hunting.
ReplyDeleteShoot! I know how much you guys loved that house. But I'm sure Heavenly Father has something really wonderful in mind. It will come.
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful boys! Give them snuggles for us, 'k?
Yeah, that stinks. I'm sorry it didn't work out. But at least you get the joy of the hunt for a little while longer, right?
ReplyDeletehouse hunting is and is not fun. But once you do finally have a house, it is so nice. Good luck with the continued hunt!
ReplyDeleteJodie, you inspired me! This is Sarah Macdonald Cook. I have been a blog stocker for a while. It took me awhile to get into the blog thing! I guess I'm still getting the hang of it! Your boys are adorable! We had our first boy this year-after 3 girls! It has been so fun. Good luck on the house hunting!
ReplyDelete