23 January 2009

Bean Bag Toss

Materials Used: 4 brown paper lunch bags, 2 pieces of white paper, crayons, scissors, glue, multi-colored pom-poms, and bean bags.


First, draw number 1-4 on the white paper. Let child color the numbers.

While Clark colored the numbers, I decorated the paper bags, but you could let your child do this too.

Cut out the numbers.
Help child glue the numbers to the bags.

Glue on pom-poms just for fun.
Then play with pom-poms while the glue dries. Sort by color, make into letters and shapes,

or Clark's favorite: see how many you can stuff into the sleeve of your shirt (67 was the count).
When the glue dries, open the bags and stand them up. Use the bean bags to try and knock them down.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I bet my kids would totally love playing that game. And the best part is that they are old enough now that they can set the bags back up again all by themselves. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. You always have creative, fun, and inexpensive ways to entertain kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another one of your brillant, creative fun ideas. I have to do that one too with my boys!! Fabulous Jodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodie - you spend such quality time with your boys. You will BE SO BLESSED and SO GLAD you did. Great memories plus you will have such great kids because of it. Clark looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder your kids are so stinkin' smart! We'll totally have to try this-- we've got a million bean bags floating around because I thought it would be really fun to make them for the kids' birthday games a couple of years ago... and now I don't know what to do with them... oh wait! Now I do! Thanks J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! This is a craft my boys would love for sure! Also, thanks for commenting on my blog... you were the one who gave me the idea to comment more! I love receiving comments, so that means other people love them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you need to find a cd with the bean bag song... I remember dancing to it all the time growing up....

    'Throw the bean bag, and catch. Turn around turn around, stamp stamp stamp.
    Put it on your head and walk around the room....'

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun idea!
    it was great to hear from you :)

    thanks for the comment. don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I TOTALLY know that song, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay Jodie,
    A couple blogs ago you wrote about "blog-lurking"...I need to come clean! I have loved reading your blogs, but didn't know if you would remember me or not and didn't want you to think I was a crazy stalker, so I never left a comment. You and Marni together challenging us all to comment when we read is awesome! You are such a beautiful mother! I love to see the cute little activities you do w/ your boys, who are adorable, I might add. You are so cute...I remember when you were around 4 or 5 and I loved seeing you at church with your gorgeous red hair and your cheerful smile!Your family is definitely one I could never forget!
    I look forward to reading your blog at ease now, without feeling like a lurker!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jodi I love it:) I am going to have to try that with my little one (yes I only have one little left at home:( I have to make the most of it as she only has one year left before she goes to school. )

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are such a creative mom. i need to be more like you!!

    ReplyDelete