1) Christmas bow sorting
Take your extra Christmas bows (I got this bag at a yard sale for $.25 and realized I hate these kinds of bows...so I decided they're great for art projects!) And coordinating construction paper colors.
Let your child sort the colors
You can also make a shape and spread glue all around and let them glue the bows on (like on THIS post).
2) Santa head (slight variation from THIS post)
Start with a paper plate, cotton balls, red construction paper (for hat and mouth), googly eyes, and glue. I found it was easiest for me to spread the glue and have Clark stick the things on. It worked great and he loved the cotton balls!
start with the smile
then the hat (then put cotton around the hat rim and a ball on the tip)
and admire your Santa!
3) Wrapping paper stockings (variation of THIS post)
Cut out stocking shape and let kid color while you cut out wrapping paper squares.
spread glue all over stocking and let kid glue on wrapping paper squares.
Add glue dots and let kid shake as much glitter on it as he possibly can.
Write name on a rectangle and glue up top (see very bottom picture for finished stocking).
4) Glittered Ornament
On an ornament shaped piece of construction paper, we glued on stripes
and squares
then glittered galore.
I think the stocking and ornament turned out great!
And don't you love that Clark's tongue is sticking out on almost every one of the pictures I took of him gluing and glittering??
Jodie! You have such great ideas and Clark looks so happy. (Love the shirts btw:) Abby
ReplyDeleteI love that no time for flash cards blog. Fun things!
ReplyDeleteDid he get any glitter on his tongue?
ReplyDeleteVery cute. I'm impressed that you allow glitter and glue into kid contact. I'm not sure I'm brave enough for that, yet.
ReplyDeleteTongue out is an indicator of concentration :). Perhaps I should stick mine out more often. :)
ReplyDeleteYour little "fatso" is cuter than a button. My sister had a 2 month year old above that weight. Can you imagine?!?
You are SO cool! My kids are so deprived!! Although... I do remember TRYING to get Neils interested in sorting/organization types of things at that age (and older) and he much preferred making a huge giant mess and disorganizing my demonstrations. I guess I finally just gave up. So I guess what I mean to say is, Clark, you are SO cool, too!
ReplyDelete