I was sitting in a rocking chair and fell asleep holding Lillian. She fell out of my arms and onto the floor - talk about guilt. It keeps them tough...
I love all the comments! I think we all have done that at least once. I also was holding Colin giving him one of his many nightly breathing treatments and I dozed off and onto the floor he went. If falling off the couch is the worst that happens to him, he will be just perfect! :)
I fell asleep nursing a swaddled Ethan one night and off the side off the bed he went. I totally freaked out and took him to the emergency room. Everything was fine and the doctors didn't drag me off to jail for being a horrible mother (although at the time I thought they should have). I have never felt worse in my life.
Hey, every baby has to fall off at least one couch. It's a right of passage. Daniel did it at my brother's house, I felt so awful I nearly cried.
ReplyDeleteI was sitting in a rocking chair and fell asleep holding Lillian. She fell out of my arms and onto the floor - talk about guilt. It keeps them tough...
ReplyDeleteWas it a hardwood floor? If not, I think you're still in the running.
ReplyDeletewelcome to the club.
ReplyDelete--Jana
Is that all it takes? Man, I probably won't even make it into the running for "Mom of the Month!" But that's why their so rubbery at this stage.
ReplyDeleteI love all the comments! I think we all have done that at least once. I also was holding Colin giving him one of his many nightly breathing treatments and I dozed off and onto the floor he went. If falling off the couch is the worst that happens to him, he will be just perfect! :)
ReplyDeleteI fell asleep nursing a swaddled Ethan one night and off the side off the bed he went. I totally freaked out and took him to the emergency room. Everything was fine and the doctors didn't drag me off to jail for being a horrible mother (although at the time I thought they should have). I have never felt worse in my life.
ReplyDeleteYep.. I have won that award twice.. Ok, maybe 1 and 1/2.. Roy sat him down a little too hard one day, and he bounced right off the sofa! Whoops!
ReplyDelete