16 October 2008

Some fun fall things we've been doing lately

Learning about apples: gluing apples on the letter "A"

Stamping with apples

Reading fun apple books

and eating apples

and making apple crisp
Learning about leaves: gluing leaves on a tree

making leaf rubbings

and reading leaf books

We also made these cute spider hats that we saw from a friend's blog. Clark didn't want to put it on his head but being the mother I am, I forced him to so I could snap a picture. :)

I'm excited for next week: pumpkin week, which will hopefully include pumpkin picking, hand print pumpkins, construction paper jack-o-lanterns, pumpkin painting, and pumpkin seed eating. Hooray! I just love the fall!

12 comments:

  1. you are such a wonderful mom. I want to be like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just can't wait until next fall when I can do these things with Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. Next year when Bennett is old enough to do fun stuff like this, I need you to teach me everything you know about me teaching Bennett everything I know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, I'm reminiscing! We used to do fun things like this... now only occasionally....

    looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for giving me some great ideas! I love the apple paintings! and of course...the spider hat! Cute Clark!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, its like your runnning your own preschool for one. I wanna be like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else. I want to be like you, Jodie! You're such a good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun projects. Looks like Mr. Clark is loving it. We may have to steel and idea or two for Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute ideas! I am excited for J to get to the stage to enjoy those things. Right now, we do discovery time with different fun things to touch or look at. But all too soon, he too will be doing good-old leaf rubbings... They grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This year, I have decided that fall is my favorite season...it just makes me happy! You are a fun mom! Now I want to make apple crisp! We will see if that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the ideas~!
    Have you seen the leaf wreath from Martha Stewart? I think her stuff is kinda hard sometimes but, it can be adapted to some thick paper. You basically just put different colored leaves in different rows. It was kind of like this : http://www.craftelf.com/Craft_elf_Fall_%20Wreath.htm

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so awesome. Neils got a big kick out of his apple-stamped birthday card! So fun to see the rest of your week! I hope you find a fun pumpkin patch or something to visit for pumpkin week... I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete