12 October 2008

Reflecting

Yesterday was nice. We were in Ohio for the weekend so Adrian could help his mom with a project so Adrian and I were able to steal a few minutes and go put some flowers on Anna's grave. We just took a moment and reflected on the many significant changes that have happened to us in the past year. Adrian graduated, got a new job, we moved to Kentucky, and had another baby. We had a lot of major things happen to us so it seems like Anna's birth was ages ago. And then I remember our experience and then it seems like only yesterday. It is reassuring to me, though, that I didn't feel any closer to Anna while we were at the cemetery. I am glad about that. Although her gravesite is special to us, I feel like that is where Anna's body is buried but not her. We can still feel a closeness to her anywhere because of our knowledge of eternal families. Her body is in Ohio but her spirit and her memory is with us everywhere. I am grateful she is ours. And I am grateful that I don't have to physically be close to her body in order to love her and feel her near.

0 comments:

Post a Comment