11 September 2008

My boys

So these are some of my boys' differences off the top of my head:

Peter eats like it's his last meal (which results in a bit of choking, spitting up, and gas). He can finish eating within 20 minutes. Clark took his time and just loved to suck. His mealtimes usually lasted around an hour.

Peter loves to be swaddled. Clark quickly realized he preferred to NOT be swaddled.

Peter has terrible baby acne but Clark never had any.

Peter loves to see the world upside down--when we hold him, he'll arch his back until he's practically upside down and will just look around. Clark preferred to be looking out and right side up.

At 4 weeks Peter is wearing clothes Clark wore at 3 months.

Peter just barely lost his umbilical cord (today at 4 weeks). Clark lost his at 6 days old.

Peter definitely fights sleep. He’ll fall asleep and wake up every 5 minutes unless he’s swaddled tightly, has a pacifier, and is either being held or in the swing. He also is unable to sleep through Clark’s noises. (I do hope he gets better at that…) it seems like he just wants to know what’s going on all of the time. If I remember correctly, Clark didn't fall asleep really easily but once he did he was out for a while.

Peter has a lot of time when he's awake, alert, and very content. I don't remember Clark seeming as content with just being awake.

Peter goes days without having bowel movements and has yet to “explode”. Clark was pretty explosive.

Peter gives me sleep smiles multiple times a day. Clark didn't smile for real until 3 months old and he rarely sleep smiled.

Peter currently has blue-grey eyes--unfortunately I think they’re getting darker and less blue. Clark's eyes are brown and it's probable that Peter will have them, too. I wish they'd keep their dad's blue!!

These pictures are of them at about 1 week old. I think they look nothing alike, but you be the judge.

9 comments:

  1. They are the cutest little boys. I love reading about your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing you might consider if you don't have one is a sound machine that creates white noise or a white noise cd. The noise is incredibly helpful to drown out noises made by an active toddler so the baby can sleep. Also, babies love and are soothed by white noise. I think it's becuase it reminds them of the sounds they heard in the womb. You probably already know all this but thought I'd share if you don't. We still use our noise maker during Reagan's naptime so we don't have to worry about Rex waking her. I think it makes a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.. I can't say they look NOTHING alike. There is some resemblance, but I definitely think they have their own look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is so cute. I'm glad everything is going well and that he is such a healthy, beautiful, little one! Oh, and I love your super hero names. :) You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter sounds so much like Simon was. Fast eating, not sleeping so much, needing to be swaddled (although Simon was also really good at getting out of the swaddling. We were really worried about Simon's eyes changing as well. They always looked like they were getting darker to us, but now they are still green-gray and so pretty. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Peter's stay light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clark was a little peanut and Peter is a walnut! Darling boys to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look a lot alike except that Peter's face looks stretched (wider, much wider) compared to Clark's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so precious! How fun to have a second little guy to love! Don't be sad about his eyes going brown, brown eyes are so beautiful! I am glad you are doing so well. I hope your recovery has been easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit, I think they look SO totally different. Maybe it's being a twin that makes all the little differences seem so big, but to me they don't look alike. I mean, yes, they look like siblings, but really really different.

    ReplyDelete