Because I'm completely oblivious, I had NO IDEA that hurricane Ike would affect us. I mean, we live in Kentucky! It's not exactly close to Texas. But today we definitely felt the effects. It was nothing more than wind, but those winds were strong enough to down large trees, branches, power lines, fences, roofs, etc. They cancelled church an hour early because winds at the airport were 75 mph and they wanted everyone to make it home safely. Nothing really happened to us except for the branches and debris that hit our car as we drove to and from church but I guess I'm a dolt to think we were too far away to feel any of it.
On another note--church today was MUCH better than last week, mainly because we were a lot more prepared. Clark took about a half hour nap before church and we fed him a pretty big lunch too. Plus we were prepared with a few more things for Clark to do. Even if chuch had lasted the full 3 hours, I think we would have been just fine.
That's kind of exciting. We had lots of rain from tropical storm Hannah two weeks ago but not a lot of wind. I'm glad to hear church went better. I knew you could do it.
ReplyDeleteYikes. Yeah, you'd think Michigan is too far for Ike to even touch it, but we had rain for two days straight when it hit, some flooding, etc. but not terrible winds. Crazy.
ReplyDeleteSO glad to know that 1:00 church is getting better. My kids seem to have hunger/sleeping issues no matter when church is, honestly. Though some of that may be due to the 1 hour travel time, round-trip.