I know we used to be friends, but we are no longer. Clark's nap time should not be spent sitting in sacrament meeting trying to keep him entertained and quiet. It should not, because it does not work. Even with all the snacks, Clark had to be taken out 3 times because we didn't know why he was crying. And because you end at 4:00 both my children were screaming on the 20-minute ride home because they were both starving and exhausted. I was practically in tears myself and Adrian was silently willing all cars out of our way and all lights to turn green. Because of the lack of nap, Clark was in tears on and off for the rest of the evening and into bedtime (which was an hour earlier than usual). Maybe one day we can be friends again, but it doesn't seem likely.
Longing for 10:00 church,
Jodie
Jodie
Totally agreed. We're on the same schedule. Nursery is a total mess for everyone involved.
ReplyDeleteNo words of advice here, just tell me that your ward will switch times with the new year. And I'd say a Sunday countdown is in order...I love countdowns.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you speak for LDS mothers around the world, Jodie, hang in there sweetie! I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so with you on this one!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful baby boy!!
NO--GINA!!! THEY SWITCHED TO THIS SCHEDULE LAST SUNDAY!!! Our ward does it strange. They switch in September supposedly because of all the new dental students moving in (though I don't know why that should have anything to do with anything). So this is our new schedule for the next year. *sigh* so unfortunate.
ReplyDeleteThe countdown is 51 more Sundays...
That's rough. There's no way Clark can take a nap before church? Or you can feed the boys before you leave for home? (We always -- except fast Sunday -- take a sandwich for everyone so we aren't too cranky on the way home.) I hope you figure out something that works!
ReplyDeleteI think that the 1:00 church is the worst time possible for it. I would prefer 7AM. 9:00 is the best in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteI abhor 1:00 church for all the reasons you listed and more. It's just not a kid-friendly time!
ReplyDeleteI completely concur. We just found out, we have 3:00 church. How awfully horrible is that?!?! I tried to make it work this week but, the kid is still having scheduling issues.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the 1 pm church being an awful time. We're at 9 am and it's (mostly) heaven. I like 11 am the best. There's plenty of time to get up leisurely, get a good breakfast and a pre-lunch lunch. Abby can still have her morning nap before we go to church, and we're home just in time for a quick snack and afternoon naps. For everyone. You should see the nursery "snacks" they serve for the 11 am church! They go through the roster and have every mom bring something for all the kids when it's their week. There are sandwiches, fruit, pretzels, fruit snacks, cheese sticks. It was worth "volunteering" in the nursery when I was pregnant just for the awesome food!
ReplyDeleteOh Jodie! I'm with you! We have 2:00 church and I'll tell ya, I'd rather go to church at 6am than 2pm FOR SURE! It's downright miserable with little kids!
ReplyDeleteI very much feel your pain....I sometimes wish I could bring a video camera to sacrament meeting with us. Annie is such a terror. We are actually known in the ward (jokingly) as the family with the bad kids. I pretty much have decided that if we make it through the actual sacrament without a full our screaming fit it has been a succesful week....so yeah for church during nap time.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is THANK GOODNESS for nursery (and good husbands), or I would go inactive.
okay, i don't have a two year old, but we have church at 1:30. sunday school is naptime for our little one. dave takes her to an empty classroom or even outside to get her to rest. and i would always try to give her a bottle during the third hours for us both to make it through. before i had a baby, i used to think that you should just revolve your daily schedule to match with your church time- now i totally know that is near impossible. good luck!
ReplyDeleteJust pray you don't get called into nursery... oh the misery of 10 napless children!
ReplyDeleteWe switch in January....
Good luck!
saddness. I hope Clark can adapt to the schedule for maybe just that one day a week. Haylie seems to be off on Sundays and thinks she needs a nap 30min after we get to church, we start at 8:30am.
ReplyDeleteI am with the taking lunch for the kids crowd. I mean there is a fridge if needed and everyone benefits from happy kids.
I really hope it gets better for you. I am just nervous about getting to little girls ready for church alone since Ryan's calling requires him to arrive early.
you are a strong woman, this to shall pass.