06 September 2008

I am grateful:

1. for owning 100 burp rags and 30 baby blankets (slight exaggeration) since Peter spits up after every meal. And I mean SPITS UP, sheesh, I didn't know the kid could hold that much!

2. for a washing machine since mine never seems to stop running (see above)

3. for a swing! We're borrowing a friend's and makes us all a lot happier.

4. for Baby Einstein and Little People movies that keep Clark entertained (instead of throwing things) while I'm feeding Peter.

5. that Clark still naps! Boy is it helpful to still get in a small nap during the day.

I wish that:


1. it took twice as long to get out of the house with 2 kids instead of five times as long.

2. kids came out potty trained. I don't mind changing diapers but it seems tedious changing 12+ a day.

3. Peter wouldn't bite--ouch!

4. I could make dinner and wash dishes one-handed.

5. Peter would sleep between the hours of 4 and 6 am...but that's rarely the case.

I am amused that:


1. Clark never liked pacifiers as much as he does now

2. Clark likes the baby swing more than Peter does (Katie--I promise to replace it if he breaks it!)

3. Peter is such a gassy kid. He spends a good part of the morning grunting and gouchy until all his "bubbles" are gone.

4. Clark carries around the boppy because it's the letter "C for Clark"

5. right before he falls asleep, Peter will reward us with lots of sleep smiles and I'm excited that he'll have dimples like Clark.

11 comments:

  1. That's so funny that Clark has taken to pacifiers. As for Peter being gassy -- so was Simon. We eventually got some gas drops that seemed to help him out a bit, but gas was probably the hardest part of his newborn stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great list! I love it. One day your daughter-in-laws will be able to read it as they become mothers and praise you for it! Do you have a sling/front carrier - then you can use both hands...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun post Jodie! Sounds like you are adapting well to two kids. (maybe twins next time?) Love your header by the way! Life is GRAND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its so much easier having babies when the older kids can still take naps--I can't imagine it any other way!
    Its great that Clark entertained--but I've always hated the theme song to the little people videos! I've banned them at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting more and more nervous to have just one, I can't even think about 2 little boys! I think your next post should be Super-Mom because I look up to you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pacifiers: Chloe too!! She's still all about them but never took them when she was a baby!! She steals Everett's right out of his mouth!

    Allergies seemed to cause all of our kids' gassies and spit ups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no...don't say the word "allergies" that's seriously the last thing I want to deal with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the C for Clark boppy. And the gas. And the pacifier. Okay, I'm amused at your entire amused list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to hear the the swing is entertaining both Clark and Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to say "Amen" to at least half of these. I love it. I think the bobby thing for Clark is my favorite. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUCH A CUTE POST! I'd love to see an update of Clark with the flashcards! That was awesome and AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete