I had an appointment yesterday, to meet our midwife for the first time. It's getting a little down to the wire so I'm glad that we've at least seen each other! She's willing to completely work with my birth plan--with the exception of something I have to get signed off by the new baby's pediatrician (note to self, find pediatrician...)--so that's reassuring.
I find it amusing that we live in Kentucky, but this guy will be born in Indiana (Louisville is right on the Ohio River which borders the two states) and the hospital we prefer is right across the river...not far away at all. So I just tell people I don't want a Kentuckian. :)
My midwife told me that after 35 weeks, they don't stop labor so I'm now okay to go at any time (of course the longer he waits, the more developed his lungs would be). So although I'm not going to do anything crazy to jump-start labor, I am definitely praying that he comes when he is ready and not one second later.
I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures of that cute baby.
ReplyDeleteHere's wishing for you! Catch a few winks of sleep if you can store it up! Hopefully you'll have a good support system there... in Kendiana!
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for not wanting a Kentuckian. My brother is one, and he's really just a hassle. :) Hahaha. I'm kidding.
ReplyDeleteBut I do hope that your little boy is ready to come out soon.
Hooray! So good to have met your midwife, and so great that you can at least HAVE a midwife! There's only one in our area, and she's pretty new at it, and I am now officially considered a high-risk pregnancy (even though labor and delivery isn't the high-risk part) so I just don't get to have one. SO, hooray that you found somebody you're happy with is the point! Good luck finding a great pediatrician as well! You can ask your OB office, midwife, etc. for recommendations for Peds, if you need them.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping for a wonderful experience and a happy recovery! We can't wait to hear how it all goes and see your new little man!