16 July 2008

more pregnancy thoughts...but not the last

I've decided that tomorrow is the day I'm going to have this baby. Well, maybe it is just my subconscious deciding. I have been having a lot of baby dreams lately (understandably) and in one I had him on July 17th. I wish! I used to have scary pregnancy dreams but these ones are so sweet and wonderful. I don't ever remember the labor, but I always end up holding a darling little boy with dark spiky hair.

I'm afraid that this is going to be a really hard and long 4(+) weeks for me. I just know I'm going to go 2 weeks over since I'm so anxious. Some days I tell Adrian "tomorrow's going to be the day" and he's so good to play along "okay, what do we still need to do to be ready for tomorrow?" Although I am pretty confident to say that tomorrow probably won't be the day I do feel completely ready just in case it is.

Also, to some of your dismay, be warned that I'm pretty sure that this won't be the last pregnancy post. I just have a lot of things going through my mind as I wait...and wait...and wait...

7 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, both that he'll come sooner rather than later, and that the labor will be significantly shorter than it was with Clark.

    I think that if you want to pass the time you should sew him his superhero costume so that it is ready to put on him as soon as he arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I quite vividly remember the last 4 weeks of Annie's pregnancy. I think I cleaned the apt every night for the last 4 weeks just in case "that was the night" and the neighbors would have to come over and watch Makenzie. Definetely the "greatest" time in my life. Hang in there!:) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's any consolation, you can read several similar posts on my blog about a year ago. Ughhhhh! I know. Best of luck for when spiky does decide to appear, but mostly, good luck with the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leslie and Renee--I am glad I'm not the only one that feels like pregnancy is a lifetime event. :)

    And Lizzie--I have been doing a lot of sewing in anticipation for his arrival (a sling, a few bags, etc.) but never thought to make his costume. :) Too bad I think "his" costume is lame. No cape even...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post brought a few tears. I wish it were tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jodie, did you learn nothing from The Incredibles?

    "Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids . . . November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin! . . . Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex!"

    I think the little guy has it good. It's Clark you need to worry about. :)

    ReplyDelete