What do you do when you have no blogs to read, no emails to respond to, no desire to turn on the TV, no sewing projects to work on, no book to read because it's on hold for you at the library, no desire to clean, and your husband is working on the computer?
No, really, I want to know because I'm at a loss...
This usually happens to me about 8:30-9:00 at night. I go for a walk. Any desire to try a new dessert recipe or treat?
ReplyDeleteI agree with the walk. We just got back from one. Hey and maybe it will induce labor...in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDeleteCrosswords, solitaire, make lists, draw pictures, take pictures, set goals, call someone (I know you hate talking on the phone, but it might give you something to do), work on church callings, read the lesson for Sunday School, find new recipes to try, come up with a better way to organize something, balance pennies on a table.
ReplyDeleteI BAKE at times like these--a bad habit, but it's my major boredom or stress-buster.
ReplyDeleteneedle point, puzzles, just lay and think, read the Ensign, go ahead and read my scrips for the night, go running, make lists or organize something (even if it's just in my head) I used to look around the house and think up new project ideas - anything to make life more convenient or beautiful. wow, lizzie's quite the self-entertainer. good ideas.
ReplyDeleteWow! You all have good ideas--except, I'm trying to avoid the desserts. No, let me rephrase that, I can't seem to avoid desserts at the moment and doing a bit of baking seems counterproductive. :)
ReplyDeleteWe go for a walk after dinner as a family so I'm usually a bit tired and hot by the time we return, a second walk at night doesn't seem as inviting. :)
Lizzie and Carla--wow! both great ideas! You are definitely good self-entertainers!
I shop online. It doesn't mean I spend money... but i do. I shop online. It's a terrible habit! But I thought that I would rather confess this to you than to my husband. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso writing thank you cards or snail mail letters or starting a new hobby like knitting or crocheting. I hear the repetition of knitting is a great way to relieve stress when you are frazzled.
ReplyDeleteThat comment was made by Lizzie, not Micah. I am logged into his account. Obviously.
ReplyDeleteThe idea of Micah relieving stress by knitting is funny to me.
lizzie.
Hey! It might be a great time to take a nap while the hubby, on the computer, watches the little one. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's times like these that I just start reading the Harry Potter's all over again. I am currently half way through book one. Again.
ReplyDeleteI second Gina's comment!
ReplyDeleteThis might sound "molly-mormon" of me but, I write Thank you notes. Yeah, even to people from a long time ago. Or, I update my blog (which doesn't happen very often).
ReplyDeleteHi Jodi! I saw your comment on Jamie's blog and hopped on over. This is a common problem of mine. I find myself this way ALOT! I have been organizing things lately in anticipation of our move. Throwing stuff away is a great pastime of mine as well. And times like this are always perfect for journal writing (I know, my former yw leaders would be proud :).
ReplyDeletecheck us out:
http://heatheranddavidsforeverfamily.blogspot.com/
spare time???...sleep!!!! Who knows when you'll get to next! :)
ReplyDelete