21 July 2008

A Bedtime Story

Tonight, we decided to try out the toddler bed. Clark doesn't need to be out of the crib just yet (this new guy will be in our room for the first few months) but we thought it's probably a good time to start the transition so that he doesn't feel like he's being kicked out and if he hates it we can still stick him back in the crib.

Tonight we put him down at 8:15, didn't hear so much as a peep out of him (well, maybe a small, normal peep), and at 9:15 when Adrian checked on him this is what he found:


I'd say we had success! We readjusted him so he looks more comfortable and now we just have to see if he falls off in the middle of the night...which is probable with the way that kid moves around!

**update: At 11:30 I heard a bang and a whimper. I went in to see him lying on the floor completely confused as to what happened. I picked him up, kissed him and told him everything was fine, laid him back in bed. I took the crib mattress and put it on the floor next to the bed in case he fell out again. He smiled and said "I la be" (I love you) and that was the last I heard from him until 7:15 this morning! I heard him reciting the alphabet and when I walked in, he was still lying in bed holding his bear and talking to himself. What a good kid he is! We are so lucky to have a kid who LOVES to go to bed and take naps. I really hope this continues!!**

9 comments:

  1. I would definitely call that a success! That's awesome! And he is the cutest boy ever! I love those kinds of moments! Hope it continues to go well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! i still wish i could lock chloe into a crib, the night mare that she is to get to bed. but no doubt clark will have no troubles the way he loves his sleep/rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if he was in a toddler bed yet. What a good kid. I love the way he says, "I love you." Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are super lucky! Your toddler bed doesn't have a guardrail?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, no guardrail. But then again, we did get it for free from a neighbor, so I guess it night have.

    But anyways, nap today was a success again--no falling off or anything! Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am really amazed that he stayed ON the bed after he woke up. Wow - what a kid! L U C K Y !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! He seems like a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS That was from Amber, I forgot to sign on for myself! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Clark! So glad the transition has gone so smooth.

    ReplyDelete