02 July 2008

Blog songs

When I get online to check blogs this is what I do:

I open my Google reader account, click on whomever's blog that has recently been updated, then click to open it in a new tab (I like seeing/making comments and GR doesn't allow that). But I open ALL the blogs in new tabs before I read any. So I could have 4 or 5 open before I take a look at any--and sometimes I could have open around 10.

There is one step I frequently forget to do, though, and that is to turn OFF my speakers before opening any. Now, I understand that some of you like having music playing in the background of your blog but most times after I open up the blogs I get about 5-10 DIFFERENT songs playing back at me at the same time. It puts me in panic mode to figure out which blogs are the ones with the music and figure out how to turn them off. Sheesh. If that doesn't freak you out, I don't know what will.

This, my friends, is why I will never have music on my blog.

10 comments:

  1. Amen. I really dislike blog songs for that reason and because it almost makes me feel like I'm coming into somebody's house uninvited for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to visit the ones with songs much less. I get annoyed with it pretty easily, most of the time I have my own music going so I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! I also don't like the ones that have so many things on their pages because my computer has a hard time opening them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the mute! I usually have my own music on so it bugs me like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i don't like it either but only because some songs i don't like and i can't focus on what i'm reading. then if there's a video, i have to go pause it, but not all of them allow that...but it has introduced me to a couple cool songs and made me have one blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE BLOG SONGS. As a genetically jumpy person, opening a blog and having it beller at me is more than my bladder can bear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry! I love my blog playlist! It's so fun! But I'm with you on everyone else's. I turn them off. :) I know. Hypocritical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel that SAME way! Especially cause I usually have my own music playing.

    ReplyDelete