12 June 2008

You know you're pregnant when...

you pee, go back to your room and read 3 verses of scripture and realize you have to pee again

you can sit on the floor for about .02 seconds before you realize you can't breathe or feel your legs

you consider stopping at every fast-food joint you drive by for some ice cream or smoothie (and actually do it a few times!)

you realize that you're waddling through the grocery store and try to correct it, but forget how you ever walked any other way

you sleep with 5+ pillows at night and still find it hard to get comfortable

your son likes to drive his cars and trains over the mountain that you call your belly

you wake up in the middle of the night screaming because you feel like your calves have spontaneously combusted

you check multiple times a day for stretch marks because you know they're going to show up any second

you try hard but realize there isn't anything you own that is flattering anymore

you realize that, in fact, there are few things you own that even fit you anymore

******

Only 8 weeks to go! (and I'm praying that he comes as early as Clark did--that way it's only a little over a month and a half to go!) Maybe I should try to find a doctor??

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful pregnancy reminders. I will tell you though... being at the pool this summer I feel a lot fatter than I did when I had a pregnant belly last summer (has to do with the excuse I guess). Good luck with your last few weeks. But don't count on early. My boys were both 2 weeks early, and then our last baby was 2 weeks late - so it really felt like a month late to me! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I am so not excited for that last trimester. I feel your pain. And I'm about to experience it full-on in a month or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for your sake that he is as early as Clark. And thank you for reminding me about some of the pregnancy things I used to complain about. When I look back, I think I had it so easy and I never complained, but Micah says I did. And now I remember what my complaints were. If you don't have an exercise/birth ball, I recommend one. That is what I sat on most of the time through the last month or so and it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the joys of pregnancy, especially the good old stretch marks. I remember getting to 7 months and not having a single one. I swear I woke up one morning and had a million! I actually did like it being pregnant though...don't get me wrong(Blake would tell you otherwise, though). Good luck Jodie! We're excited for you and your new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, at least it isn't twins!!
    http://chrisarmstrongfamily.blogspot.com/2008/04/picture-above-was-taken-sometime-before.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see pics of that beautiful baby when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete