14 June 2008

An update of sorts

Sorry about my lack of good posts lately. I don't like posting too much without pictures...and my camera basically hasn't been touched since we've been here. Plus, Clark has been pukey sick this past week and wants to be held and cuddled with a lot so I would much rather be doing that. :)

Clark is so funny, though, even when he's sick. This evening after dinner we went to go feed the ducks at the pond that is about a stone's throw from our door. We were looking for his shoes and found one of them under the couch. We went to feed the ducks (our first time) so every time I gave Clark a piece of bread to throw, he'd eat it instead. So basically the ducks and fish would get a piece, then Clark would get a piece. So funny! He eventually got the idea that if he threw it all the ducks would fight over it, which he enjoyed. Then when we came home I asked him to put his shoes away, so he put one back underneath the couch. I just had to laugh really hard. What a funny, funny kid!

Other than Clark being sick, we're doing well! Adrian loves his job and enjoys the people he works with. He had been in an office where they overlooked the Ohio River--so gorgeous! but unfortunately next week they're moving into a new building that looks directly into another building. Not as exciting. But he is enjoying getting exercise on his new bike--even if it is mostly to get to the bus stop and home (if you don't know this story you'll have to remind me to tell you another time!).

Clark and I have been trying to get out and find fun things to do. Our ward has a pretty structured playgroup schedule which I really like--the zoo, the park with crafts, the museum, etc. We have also made friends with a really fun gal and her kids. The girl is really down to earth and I enjoy her company a lot. We've gone to the library and had lunch together and Clark loves to play with her daughter, Anna, who he follows around yelling "Nana!".

In short, we are doing well and are beginning to get into the grove of this whole Kentucky "thing". I just wish it wasn't so darn humid...!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Put the shoe back under the couch - he's very thorough. It's time to introduce that boy to housework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarous about the shoes! Clueless about the bike story but definately curious. The playgroup sounds like my kind of structure... glad you are making some good friends already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kentucky doesn't sound like such a bad place. I'm glad you are getting settled in and making friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are getting integrated into your new place. Hope Clark feels better soon. It's no fun taking care of a sick toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Lack of pictures is NO reason to fall off the face of the blogging world!! But that's funny about the shoes. Kids are just awesome -the goofy way they see the world.

    ReplyDelete